White City of Tel-Aviv
Wonder Type: Cultural
Tel Aviv was founded in 1909 and developed as a metropolitan city under the British Mandate in Palestine. The White City was constructed from the early 1930s until the 1950s, based on the urban plan by Sir Patrick Geddes, reflecting modern organic planning principles. The buildings were designed by architects who were trained in Europe where they practised their profession before immigrating. They created an outstanding architectural ensemble of the Modern Movement in a new cultural context.
This article uses material from UNESCO World Heritage List article "White City of Tel-Aviv", which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 3.0 IGO License.